When I think of summer, I think of late afternoon sun, staying outside until dark, and enjoying a cool snack. Today, we are going to share some of our favorite healthy kids recipes. The best part, none of these involve turning on your microwave, and most (if not all) of the ingredients you already have in your house! Enjoy this beautiful Friday and pick a recipe to try this weekend!
- Fresh Fruit Pizza (for a dessert night) – I love pizza. And I love fruit. So what could be better? This is SO appetizing, an Instagram favorite, and something that you can adapt to work for whatever your preference is. Bonus points for making the pizza symmetrical!
- Fruit Necklaces (for the sleepover part) – Calling all fashionistas! This is a perfect activity and treat for the kids. Any fruit (that isn’t mushy) will do! Elastic yarn allows for flexibility but really any string that is stretchy will work just fine.
- Watermelon Popsicles (for the block party). Slice watermelon in triangles. Grab popsicle sticks. And enjoy. The easiest “recipe” imaginable!
- Granola Bars (for the pool). Disclaimer: you do have to bake these! But the good news – you will have everything needed for these. And they are DELICIOUS!
- Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Popsicles (for the backyard). Blend up bananas and peanut butter with some Greek yogurt. If you don’t have popsicle, heres a 6-pack to get you started: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VBRKZBX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3VJYDLSA4VML3&psc=1
- Extra – FROZEN GRAPES. You’re welcome!
Many of these recipes are found on the website linked so refer to it for specific questions and directions : ) Enjoy!!! https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/30-kid-friendly-summer-snacks/
Have a fun kid friendly summer snack creation? We’d love to hear from you!