Rain, Rain, Go Away…. Being stuck inside on a rainy day might seem dark and dull, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are some great indoor crafts and activities that will have you looking forward to the next cloudy day.
1. Become the Latest and Greatest Fashion Designer!
Designing your own t-shirts and bags is such a fun activity, and you get to show off your work the next day!
What you’ll need:
• A solid t-shirt, a blank canvas tote bag, or a chalkboard shirt. Yes! That’s a thing!
• Fabric markers, puffy paint, pens … even tie-dye if you’re feeling extra fabulous
2. Make-Your-Own Pizza Party!
Set out personal sized pizza dough and let the whole family decorate their own pizza! Make it extra fun by awarding prizes for tastiest pie, best design, and the “don’t quit your day job” award. Want an extra challenge? Make your own dough using the recipe here https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a42826/skillet-pizza-recipe/
3. Create “Milk Art”
Have you heard of Milk Art?! I hadn’t either. This is the coolest thing ever and I’m trying it tomorrow.
What you’ll need:
• Almond Milk
• Liquid Dish Soap
• Watercolor Paper
• Food Coloring
Directions: 1) Pour almond milk into the tray, just enough to cover the bottom. 2) Drop in the food coloring – about 3-4 drops of each color (as many colors as you’d like!) 3) Dip your q-tip in the soap and touch the colored milk with it… Watch the colors start to expand and swirl.
4) Once you have the design you like, preserve your swirls by transferring onto paper. Stick a piece of watercolor paper on top and press down gently. Lift and shake off excess lightly.
5) Flip quickly back so the design is right side up. Let your masterpieces sit out to dry overnight. Voila!
4. Get Moving!
Ants in your pants? Just because you’re stuck indoors doesn’t mean you aren’t still bursting with energy! Here are some quick and easy ways to get some exercise indoors.
• Create an obstacle course using pillows, toys, blocks, anything you can find!
• Wheelbarrow races.
• Animal races – Hop like a bunny or a frog across the room. Try not to fall over laughing!
• A good old fashioned DANCE PARTY!
Learn Something New,