- Where are you from?
- I’m from Cincinnati originally, I have moved around this country a few times. After Ohio, I moved to Overland Park, Kansas. After a few years there, then I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area. After living there for six years, I moved to Pennsylvania and have called the suburbs of Philly my home since 2012.
- Where/what are you currently teaching?
- I am currently teaching foreign languages (Japanese and French) as well as other humanities such as history and English – Language Arts. I only tutor through Teacher Time to Go.
- Do you participate in extra curriculars/club at your school?
- When I was in high school and university, yes absolutely! In high school I did cross country, band (played the flute), and was in geography club. At college I was involved in foreign language clubs.
- What are 3 words to describe you?
- The three words I’d use to describe myself are: thorough, compassionate and analytical.
- If you could learn any skill/hobby what would it be?
- This is truly a tough one, but I’d have to say I’d love to learn how to improve the way I currently learn foreign languages. As well as how to obtain fluency without leaving the country! I’d love to travel again when the pandemic is over!
- Tell us something that may surprise us about you!
- This is one really is a hard one for me to answer, usually it’s that I’m multi-lingual and people don’t expect me to understand them, yet I do!
- If you have 30 minutes of free time, what do you do?
- I’d go study some vocab words from an Arabic dialect, there’s just so many to choose from! Or just watch some superhero series (there isn’t one I don’t like!) in another foreign language. Or watch Star Wars/Trek in another language.
- What is the best place you’ve ever traveled to?
- This is also a tough one, but the best place I’ve ever been to was Czechia. The sight of seeing my last name on as a street name was something I’ll never forget.
- How do you spend your summers?
- I usually spend my summers working a job, studying languages in my free time and spend as much time as possible with my friends and family.
- If you could spend time with anyone who would it be?
- My father (he passed away from Covid-19 in January), I would love the opportunity to spend time with him again.
- What advice do you have for kids struggling in school?
- The one advice that I’d give is that it is 100% okay to make a mistake or to fail, the only issue is how you prepare yourself to avoid making that same mistake again.
David is a Middle and High School tutor on our team. David received his Bachelor’s Degree from Penn State Abington. He loves learning new languages and can speak Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, German, Italian, French and Spanish! We’re so excited to have David join our Teacher Time To Go Team!
Have a question for David? We’d love to hear from you!