- Where are you from?
I grew up in Farmington, Connecticut. I now live in Wayne.
- Where/what are you currently teaching?
I am a special education teacher for the Phoenixville Area School District.
- What are 3 words to describe you?
I feel that I could be described as compassionate, dedicated and creative!
- If you could learn any skill/hobby what would it be?
I would love to learn how to horseback ride or rock climb.
- Tell us something that may surprise us about you!
In college, I taught at a school in Alendu, Kenya for two weeks.
- If you have 30 minutes of free time, what do you do?
In my free time, I like to be outdoors as much as possible. I love to hike!
- What is the best place you’ve traveled to?
A few summers ago, I traveled to Scotland. (seen in my picture!)
- How do you spend your summers?
I am a major beach person. My family goes to the Outer Banks, NC every year. I also spend most weekends in Ocean City, MD.
- If you could spend time with anyone, who would it be?
Family time is my favorite. Spending time with my parents, husband and brother is what makes me the happiest.
- What advice do you have for kids struggling in school?
Find strategies and techniques that work best for you. All students are different, meaning that we all learn of different ways. Use tools and manipulatives that can support your thought process and learning.
Hannah is an Elementary and Special Education Tutor on our team. She attended West Chester University, where she received her Early Childhood and Special Education Certifications. Hannah Is currently finishing up her Master’s of Education Program at Eastern University. Hannah is working towards her Reading Specialist Certification. Hannah has been teaching Special Education for 4 years and we’re so happy to have her on our Teacher Time To Go Team!
Have a question for Hannah? We’d love to hear from you!